[QuadList] Off Topic (OT) Posts--Please mark OT in subject line

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Feb 11 14:16:47 CST 2012

Good Saturday to all... and I hope you're having a fine weekend.

A little housekeeping:

The QuadList is optimally focused on things directly or otherwise related to Quad Videotape.

We do want to maintain as high a signal to noise ratio as possible, and provide some filtering for folks that don't care to read about stuff that's not related to Quad.

Off-topic posts related to television production, post-production, equipment, etc., are valued in that they may increase the general knowledge base of our QuadList members and those reading the QuadList on-line via the archives pages, help preserve history.  Or they're just plain interesting.

To help readers better determine which posts they choose to read, mark posts that aren't Quad related as OT at the beginning of the subject line.

Make the subject line an accurate reflection of the post also helps... especially as threads change direction over several posts. It also helps find content that might be otherwise hidden in the body of a post.

Thanks also for trimming posts to just relevant information.  This keeps the messages shorter, and for digest users, keeps the entire digest from being regurgitated in replies.

If you're having trouble with any of this... or want to check about whether a post is appropriate before hitting "send" , please contact me off list and we'll help.

Thanks,

Fifth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB
12:30pm, Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Lower South Hall REAR food concession area

See us at NAB 2012, April 16-19 in Booth SL-9607
Use code 2012 for your free NAB Exhibits Pass