[QuadList] AVR-2 Maintenance Hint of the Week TBC Setup

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 06:51:40 CST 2012

The AVR-2 TBC is an early digital TBC design.  There is some drift of  the
A to D converter,  I find that over time, the video just will look  funny if
I do not do the following.  It is because there are not smooth  difference
in levels.

The book describes how to activate the internal ramp and set up the pots on
 boards 17 and 18.  I have found that there is an easier way and a better
way.

Feed the machine a ramp signal.
Using the Record Level, increase the level to induce clipping.
Set the trims pots on the face of 17 and 18 for a smooth ramp.
Change the waveform monitor to 2-V and look at the ramp and do a final
tweak of boards 17 and 18.
Restore record level to normal.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN