[QuadList] OT-Teletypes-- collecting the rest of the tv station.....

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Wed Feb 1 15:16:53 CST 2012

I still have a model 15 with the keyboard.  Also a 14 tape punch  and a
tape reader.  Not much use for them now.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN

On Feb 1, 2012, at 5:04 AM, Mr. DC Memories wrote that James  O'Neal...

He is also planning to design a PC interface to feed  data to his TT which
he hopes will simulate an operating machine from back  in the day.

Some background on TTY's that may prove helpful:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleprinter_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleprinter)

An emulator:
_http://mysite.du.edu/~etuttle/electron/elect56.htm_
(http://mysite.du.edu/~etuttle/electron/elect56.htm)

And the serial impact dot matrix printer that replaced the AP and UPI
teletype printers in the late 70's and early 80's:

Harris shipped the 9000 radio automation system with these.  I had  one in
use at KAER (FM), Sacramento, and later was given the system including
terminal and printer for the Radio/TV class I was teaching at the time.

I remember the printer brand as Exel, but googling that brings up only  one
reference and photo... which you see.

Fifth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at  NAB

12:30pm, Tuesday, April 17,  2012
Lower South Hall REAR food concession  area