[QuadList] Check out eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sportin

Chuck Reti cwreti at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:36:44 CST 2012

On Feb 5, 2012, at 4:16 PM, Chill315 at aol.com wrote:

> Interesting machine but not a quad.

At Wayne State U. we had two 660's. Used them for noncritical stuff and one-offs, and as a backup player for campus closed circuit feeds when the quads were otherwise occupied. We also used one on a few football games (late 60's I think) to be the first local team to do "instant replay." Our CE decided that we might get our game carrier, channel 56, in FCC trouble with unstable sync so it only lasted a couple of Saturday afternoons.
I also recall one of our engineers came up with the "latex tension servo assistant," a rubber band on a post somewhere in the tape path that damped tape stuttering on its way into or out of that big scanner drum.

Chuck Reti
Detroit MI
WV8A