[QuadList] OT Professor Takayanagi, JVC

Steve Spears stevespears at kel.com
Mon Feb 6 10:50:34 CST 2012

The photo #1 was the broadcast machine in the mid-60's.  There's another beautiful color photo out there (somewhere) with Takayanagi standing beside the original machine. It was in a Victor promotional color brochure that told all about the company and their products back then.

I appologize for my spelling "Takaianagi"...I was applying my old Japanese vowel sounds when I was spelling it.

I met him at Kokura down on Kyushu when he was touring all the Victor service centers, what a fantastic fellow. Just the greatest. I was stationed at the Japanese Self Defense Air Station at nearby Ashiya, at our Navy Radar Bomb Scoring unit MSQ-44 65-67.