[QuadList] OT: Ampex 7500 on ebay

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:17:59 CST 2012

Hi Dave:

You'll note that this is an XVR version of the 7500.  Parts of the description do not make sense to me, and maybe this is different from the XVR-7500 that I am familiar with, but if it is a conventional XVR, it's not really compatible with standard Type-A tapes recorded on a regular VR-7500 or other Type-A machine.  Also, even if it really will play standard tapes, a compatible TBC (wide band direct color, not heterodyne) will be required since this does not include the color pilot processor that is used with the VR-7500C.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com