[QuadList] Jerry Lewis at the Paley Center: The jazz Singer on two-inch quad

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Tue Feb 14 10:14:38 CST 2012

Jerry Lewis entertained a packed house at The Paley Center for Media one week ago. Clips from the restored 1959 2" quad color videotape transfer of  "The Jazz Singer" were shown on the big screen just before Leonard Maltin hosted a chat with Jerry in the theatre. Jerry reflected on his career and his ongoing efforts at preserving his film and taped media with the goal of releasing more material. Guests at the Paley included Keven Pollack, Ruta Lee, Karen Sharpe Kramer, Ken Davitian, Bruce Boxleitner, Judy Tenuta, Stella Stevens, Richard Lewis, Martin Short, Shirley Jones, Marty Ingels, Tom Arnold, Jeff Garlin, Renee Taylor, Kat Kramer, Zowie Bowie, and others.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/leonardmaltin/on-stage-with-jerry-lewis

http://www.newsfromme.com/2012/02/08/that-kid-live/

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=138557916&EditorialProduct=Entertainment

http://www.cozycot.com/enews/article/Jerry-Lewis--celebrates-more-than-60-years-in-show-business-at-Th-163795/photo/628235

During the chat with Leonard Maltin, Jerry discussed "video assist" which he invented (coupling a video camera to a Mitchell BNC), working live and videotaped television, film production and live theatre and along with countless other stories. He had everyone's attention when he spoke.

I't not too often that such an event is held for a two-inch quad videotape transfer in conjunction with a celebration of an entertainer's sixty plus years in show business.

Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Videotape transfers and more!

Clients welcomed at our offices located at:
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)