[QuadList] OT-- what is this rca camera it is NOT a tk 76--It's a Panasonic AK-710 in RCA colors

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Feb 22 13:19:32 CST 2012

Catching up on drafts from several weeks ago...

This is an RCA TK-710, vendored from Panasonic, if I recall my history from 1984.

To confirm, I've been looking for a picture of the Panasonic AK-710, which an RCA tube guide indicates used the same tubes.

A freelancer in Sacramento was testing the TK-710 while deciding whether to buy one.

Back when you posted this, I tried to scan a picture with one, but found my recent OS upgrade kiboshed the scanning software I was using.

It was shot during the 1984 California International Marathon at the Capitol in Sacramento, CA.  Cameraman Terry Toller with the TK-710 on the left and me (in thinner days) on the right doing a standup is what you'd see if I'd have been able to scan it.