[QuadList] OT-- what is this rca camera it is NOT a tk 76--It's a Panasonic AK-710 in RCA colors

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 23 11:35:52 CST 2012

		On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Joe Owens wrote:

 > Not so different from many of the model lines that were shared
across the Victor empire at its peak -- like the "M_/RECAM tape
format.... anyone else work with that?

		I step up:

	A group of us at Reeves/Teletape borrowed one and tested it out on
First Ave in New York one morning.  This was our first experience with
a component tape format and the camcorder was quite amazing.  But it
was so long ago, I cannot recall many details.  I can remember that we
acted like fools in front of the U.N.  If it had happened post-9/11,
we probably would have been arrested.

					     NBC Today Show, New York