[QuadList] OT: is S-VHS "obsolete" in copyright law's eyes?

lee williams lasvegastvengineer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 15:07:50 CST 2012

 Sorry, S-VHS is not quite dead yet.  (I wish it was.)

Sony is still providing some parts on a very limited basis.

Networks are still sending out S-VHS proofs for shows currently in production.

Cable is still using them as hot back up's for shows being played out on tape.

Some local smaller market stations in the pacific north west are still using the cameras for news.

As far as I know, it's dead on the consumer and pro-sumer worlds,
but it just won't die in the semi-professional broadcast world.