[QuadList] ot Help with a Betamax Circuit Diagram

Dale Lamm dlamm1 at neo.rr.com
Fri Jan 13 22:18:00 CST 2012

Sorry, never worked on a 420. Other helical tape cassette machines I did
work on had photoelectric sensors to detect things like "broken tape". When
you had a chassis on the bench under strong light, you needed to mask off
these detectors.

Also, sometimes the threading ring just gets gunked up and needs a good
cleaning and re-lube. You did say you could wind the cassette, I assume you
mean to thread the tape over the complete path.

GL with the 420.

[snip]

Whilst everybody is talking about Circuit diagrams I would be grateful for
any help with a Sony Betamax SLO 420, The machine will not load a cssette,
if you wind the cassette compartment by hand it will then load and play. I
have checked the compartment  and that is seeing the cassette but it is not
do is go into a big square chip and a little sub board !

Funilly enough it will eject the tape !

[end]