[QuadList] GVG HDSDI

Trevor videovault at sky.com
Mon Jul 9 01:27:45 CDT 2012

All this talk of GVG set me thinking

I have worked on the GVG 200 and 300 as an engineer

but later as an editor I had a GVG110 in my suite

It's a nice size control panel and had the choice of PAL or component rack
crates

But there was a company called I think Ross that made an SDI crate that
would directly interface to the GVG 110 control panel

I still have the control panel but a Ross crate never turned up on ebay

and now the world is HDSDI

but then I was thinking the other day about the Black Magic  ATEM

see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObDOxdV9To0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18aszWdAEw

what has this got to do with GVG well look at this guy designing his own
interface to the ATEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlyyhGyPClE

If the GVG 110 panel would rebuild or interface via this  Arduino module
then I would have an

HDSDI GVG 110

Now that would be a nice winter project but probably beyond me being  a
simple quad engineer

but in the hope there a people brighter than me out there ??????

Trevor B

UK Member

(hence the PAL Crate)