[QuadList] Alvy Ray Smith: RGBA, the birth of compositing & the founding of Pixar

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sun Jul 8 10:57:52 CDT 2012

I was pleased the Alvy Ray asked me to restore his original Quad of "Sunstone". Th tape wasn't in great shape and I had to cut and paste and paint some corrections. It looks great now. Alvy writes, "I received the new DVDs today and just looked at them. Sunstone lives again!
Excellent job."

The clip in the article is not my transfer.

The story also talked about Aurora. I bought one of their workstation systems. Expensive back then but it did work. Expensive 80 MB removable drives.

Junaid tried to bring out a paint system at Accom. He showed it at one NAB but too many companies were in line to sue him so he cancelled the project.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747