[QuadList] Grass Valley

David Dean dixie at westpoint.tv
Mon Jul 9 11:27:17 CDT 2012

I do remember something the BBC told us as raw recruits in the 1970s, that Grass Valley kit was known as "Chad Valley" (a rather cheap childrens toy),  I think this was a comment from the BBC's Projects department, in those days the BBC used to deisgn and build all their own equipment from DAs to Vision Mixers and beyond. I have to say from my first encounter with a 1600F to 300 with 2 MEs and then on to 100s  that  the BBC were wrong.

David Dean
Westpoint Television
Archiving Services
2" Quad , 1" B, 1"C, D1, D2, D3, D5, HDCam and HDV
.5", EIAJ, In Various Standards where supported
Alchemist Ph.C conversions with Clean Cut
Snell and Wilcox Ukon for HD frame rate conversions and Up and Down conversions
Digital Vision DVNR with scratch  and dropout concealment
Tel 020 8742 3400