[QuadList] Telstar first feed from France-Try Eurovision--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Jul 11 16:18:43 CDT 2012

Hi, Harold,

I've posted to the AMIA list and hope to have some info-flow soon.  Will keep you and the list updated.

Meantime, you might try Eurovision or the EBU.  Both were involved in the European feeds.

http://www.eurovision.net/

Contact link on the website and link to EBU.

They may be able to point you to archives in Europe that have recordings off the bird.

It seems that a number of the feeds from both sides of the Atlantic were pre-recorded and played from Quad.

If the Montand song was a playback-to-bird, the original recording may be archived somewhere.

Hope this is helpful.

Let us know what happens.

Ted