[QuadList] does any one have back issues of "On Location Magazine" form then 80s?

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 1 05:13:58 CDT 2012

		On May 31, 2012, at 9:31 PM, C. Park Seward wrote:

 > Reminds me of a friend who ended up pulling cable for the Simon and
Garfunkel special TV show of their concert in Central Park. His wife
was the score reader and he went along for the ride, helping pull
cable under the stage.
 > The show won an Emmy and he got one.

		I say:

	You had to go there, eh Park?!?   ;)  Geez, I've been close to
getting a statue a couple of times, but you'd think with all the big
productions I've had the opportunity to work on, I'd have one by now.
But no, unfortunately I don't.
	I edited 'Sesame Street' at Reeves/Teletape and later at Unitel on
and off for a couple of years, but did I win?  No, that honor went to
another editor who (in my opinion) was simply lucky enough to be
working the nominated episode.  It was a luck-of-the-draw situation
and I happened to come up short.  The two of us edited the same work
on a somewhat regular basis.  I trained her to edit 'SS'.
	In another similar occasion, I edited ESPN graphic openings for ML
Baseball at Unitel along with another editor.  Guess who won?  Not
me.  We did the SAME WORK, alternating weeks.  I could go on, but it's
just getting annoying.

					     NBC Today Show, New York