[QuadList] Fwd: An item you've been watching has been relisted

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Sun Jun 3 10:04:01 CDT 2012

Ed

I would not consider buying this unless you are using a machine in  PAL.

The problem is that we do not know how much it has been used.  As you  use
it, there is a deterioration of the quality.  The tape stretches a bit  and
thus after about a hundred uses we would throw it out.  This was due to
start and stop with boost plus the head hitting the tape in the guide.  But
what we did was to cut one minute off the reel and use that every day.   Then
save the other 5 minutes for use later.  It was a way to extend the  life of
a test tape.  There are multiple test tapes.  The vertical  bars was used
to set the guide.  We also had the Audio Alignment Tape to  insure proper
record and playback optimization and frequency response.   Then there was the
Alignment Tape that had all the signals to verify the signal  system.  These
two were the ones that were used the least.

Chris Hill

In a message dated 6/3/2012 10:41:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,