[QuadList] A newly designed Quad

Dave Sieg dave at zfx.com
Mon Jun 4 20:16:07 CDT 2012

Very interesting discussion!
Considering the limited size market for such a device, my inclination would
be to take an AVR1 deck and
just replace much of the electronics.  From everything I saw working with
that machine, its
physical transport has everything you could ever want in a super quad
player.
Aren't we more about playing back history versus creating a new improved
recorder?
With modern servos and r/p processing it ought to just automatically be
able to play
whatever you put up on it.  With the benefit of a bit of this group's
expertise and
I bet it could tell you all the obscure technical details about how the
tape was made.
It would be a specialized market, but then it could fetch a pretty special
price too...

--
Dave Sieg
www.linkedin.com/in/davesieg