[QuadList] Seconds to Play: 2" quad playback and more.

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Fri Jun 8 17:09:19 CDT 2012

From a current day remote. Friday Night Fights in Vegas tonight on ESPN2. I'm the V1.

Unfortunately, it's against ESPN policy to record the PL these days.

Yelling used to be common. Today, not so much. Unless someone really makes a bad mistake on air.

Also the shots of pretty girls before the game aren't allowed anymore since many trucks have women operators.

Yes, times have changed. The guys back then would lost in a modern truck. I did remotes for ABC in the late 70s. Not even close today.

The PL today has 32 channels. Back then I think we had 2. Every camera is recorded for playback, recording continuously. Back then, only one or two Quads in a regional game. The HS Slo-Mo disk was only for special shows

We'd have two Chyrons for big games. I did Chyron Assist for some events. The VIZ-RT today does all the flys and animation in real time. No comparison to the Chyron IV.

I want to rebuild my Chyron 4100 one day.

Hi Def, fiber optics, total digital, 100x lenses, 5.1 sound, EVS slo-mo and Super Mo, SkyCam.

Best,
Park

Sent from my iPhone
818-535-2747 cell