[QuadList] Seconds to Play: 2" quad playback and more.

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 11 11:46:34 CDT 2012

		On Jun 10, 2012, at 2:39 PM, C. Park Seward wrote:

 > Could have been a Chyron III. The IV and 4100 had similar keyboards.

		I say:

	I believe that's a Chiron II (not a Chyron, Chiron changed it's name
in the early 80's to Chyron.  Not sure why unless there already was a
company named Chiron.
	Here's one installed at NBC in the same era: <http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515323416/

		Park continued:

 > Interesting that ABC made their own sports font. It was a copy of a
Helvetica bold italic. No one else used that font.

		I say:

	That font looks like Eras, a Chyron font we used on USA Network
promos at Reeves/Teletape.

					     NBC Today Show, New York