[QuadList] OT: Chiron III (Was: Seconds to Play: 2" quad playback and more.)

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Tue Jun 12 01:45:14 CDT 2012

This is just amazing. Thank you Don for posting this.

Interesting that the instability seems like it's on a character by character basis. There is a point where the horizontal seems to go out of whack, just before a change in message type... going from a roll to a static page (around 3:25). It appears like the pages are being built live in the framebuffer, no double-buffering. You can sort of see the precursor to the "read effects" in the 4100.

Scott Thomas