[QuadList] OT-- What is this rca camera it is NOT a tk 76--It's a Panasonic AK-710 in RCA colors

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Mar 19 03:49:26 CDT 2012

Finally got the scanner working... and here are the two items I mentioned in my previous post.

On Feb 22, 2012, at 11:19 AM, Ted Langdell wrote:

> Catching up on drafts from several weeks ago...

> This is an RCA TK-710, vendored from Panasonic, if I recall my history from 1984.

> To confirm, I've been looking for a picture of the Panasonic AK-710, which an RCA tube guide indicates used the same tubes.

See red boxes around the cameras/tubes in this camera cross-reference chart from 1982:

I'll post the full four-page document to the website when I get that software running or replaced.

Meantime... the photo:
> A freelancer in Sacramento was testing the TK-710 while deciding whether to buy one.

> It was shot during the 1984 California International Marathon at the Capitol in Sacramento, CA.  Cameraman Terry Toller with the TK-710 on the left and me (in thinner days) on the right doing a standup is what you'd see if I'd have been able to scan it.

Fifth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB
12:30pm, Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Lower South Hall REAR food concession area

See us at NAB 2012, April 16-19 in Booth SL-9607
Use code LV2864 for your free NAB Exhibits Pass