[QuadList] Looking for manuals or scans for---followup--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Mar 20 13:38:42 CDT 2012

Hi, Don,

Thanks for the additional info on the Nova 620 and Sync series.

While looking for the manual online, I found that  Nova, Inc., was bought by Focus Enhancements in (1998 if I recall correctly without googling again) and later sold to another company.  They made the NovaBlox line under the other company's ownership.

Nothing further, unfortunately.

The unit I have was surplused from a public television station, and was apparently used to sync one of the several PBS network sat feeds.

Seems to be in decent shape.

There "oughta be a law" requiring printed circuit boards with adjustable components to indicate what they adjust.  It would be very helpful when dealing with equipment that has AWOL or orphaned manuals.

I'm grateful for that information (and to designers) when it's there.

I was able to carefully some tweaks to get the internally generated split field color bars down to the proper level, and find that the unit has an AGC system on the active input. Got that adjusted so externally fed SMPTE Bars yield 100 IRE on the peak white bar.

Other pots were identified and adjustments made so proper levels in get proper levels out.

Thanks again!

Ted