[QuadList] Available FREE-for-pickup: "New Look" RCA video rack cabinet

John Fletcher jfletcher at frontiernet.net
Sat Mar 24 14:21:46 CDT 2012

Friend of mine has a 7-foot fully enclosed ca. 1970 RCA "New Look" era
(shades of blue) rack cabinet that needs a new home.  It's FREE to the
first person who can make arrangements to come get it -- SOON -- from
Bedford Hills, NY.  I saw this rack a couple weeks ago and it's in good
condition (I wish I had the space for it, but no).  Read the full
description below and contact Tom Fine (tfine at beverage-digest.com) if
interested.

Paging PAUL BECK.... this might be good for the MBT??

RCA video rack, includes "modern" (late 60's) RCA insignia up on the top front. Blue-gray sides,
blue top.

Height is 7 feet, 1 inch, floor to top. No wheels.

Width is 2 feet, 1/2 inch, side to side. There are 19" rack taps on the front and back, and it's
designed for extra-deep video stuff.

26 inches deep, front of sides to back door surface, extra 1 1/2 inches for door handle. Door and
closing mechanism are intact and working well. I think the door is removable if that's desired.

12-24 taps, which were never a problem for me and I had some _heavy_ old tube gear in it for a
while. Middle Atlantic and others make 12-24 rack screws, sold by multiple retailers.

Weight has got to be 100 pounds or more, it's a monster. Seems to be built of steel, front of rack
taps may be stainless.

History -- came out of West Point's TV studio. No idea what was in it originally, I just got the
rack. Very useful if someone needs an equipment rack.

Come get it in Bedford Hills, NY. Ping tfine at beverage-digest.com if interested.

-- Tom