[QuadList] Russian AVR-3 copy-- photos--Comparisons

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Mar 13 11:14:01 CDT 2012

Hi, Ramaz,

On Mar 13, 2012, at 2:59 AM, Ramaz Bluashvili wrote:

> Hey everyone, As i mentioned before we have this machine that is exact replica of either AVR-2 or 3, not sure yet. I am looking for those heads and if anyone can help me to find out where and how i can get them i would appreciate it. I am reattaching photos again.
>
> 1. the machine
> 2. head
> 3. head
> 4. head placement in the actual block

Thanks much for the pictures. It is the first time many/most of the folks on the list have seen a Russian-made Quad machine.

Can you could send a good frontal shot of the head assembly as it sits on the machine,  the underside of the assembly, and the machine without the head assembly mounted?

That would help Tony Korte and others identify what the head assembly most closely resembles.

I think most folks would say it looks like an Ampex VR-2000 sidecar-style layout except that the monitor is on the other side.

The transport and electronics reminds me of the Bosch BCM40 series of late 1960s-Mid-1970s Quads seen here:

The Ampex AVR-3 has a very different transport arrangement, as seen in this photo from a
AVR-3 brochure.

The Ampex Mark XV (15) head assembly looks like this:
http://www.telecen.ne.jp/contents/mu-pic/MRK15.jpg

Hope this is helpful.

12:30pm, Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Lower South Hall REAR food concession area

See us at NAB 2012, April 16-19 in Booth SL-9607
Use code LV2864 for your free NAB Exhibits Pass