[QuadList] New to list, seeking advice

Steve Greene Steve.Greene at nara.gov
Thu Mar 29 11:52:10 CDT 2012

Jim,
My office uses Colorlab in Rockville, MD (Washington, DC area).  They have a "Merlinized" Ampex VR-2000 that has handled virtually all we've thrown at it, including PAL tapes.  They also have one inch capability.  I think they have a New York office, but I believe the transfer capability is in Rockville.

They can be reached at (301) 770-2128.

Best of luck!

Steve Greene
Archivist
Office of Presidential Libraries
National Archives and Records Administration
(301) 837-1772
>>> Jim Sayegh <jimsayegh at me.com> 3/19/2012 1:31 PM >>>
Hello All,

I am a producer developing a television project that will involve transferring 2" Quad and 1" Type-C archival video to Digibeta and the encoding to hard drive of the same material for editing on Final Cut Pro.  I am seeking recommendations on a facility (ideally in the NYC metro area) that would be able to handle that work.

Your advice would be most welcome.

Sincerely,

Jim Sayegh

Sent from my iPad

Please trim posts to relevant info when replying.

Change subject to reflect thread direction. Thanks.

Send QuadList list posts to QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com