[QuadList] Please trim posts--Here's why/how

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon May 14 15:10:01 CDT 2012

Please trim posts to essential info before posting.

That keeps the entire digest or the complete batch of photos from a previous post from being reposted to list.

This keeps messages more compact so they're easier to read... and keeps me from getting complaints from folks on limited KB e-mail plans :)

It also keeps messages from being delayed.

For example, right now, I have a response to the Harold R. pictures waiting for approval because the reply included all 1.9MB of the photos.

Rather than approve sending out pictures folks have already seen, I'm going to reject the post and ask that the responder not include the photos.

Most e-mail clients allow you to highlight the text you want to include, then hit "Reply" and it will put just the highlighted text into the new e-mail message.

On web browsers, you'll likely have to highlight and cut the un-desired content.

Thanks for your help in keeping the list easy to use.