[QuadList] OT: Harris Quits broadcast equipment- more detail

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed May 2 01:13:43 CDT 2012

On May 1, 2012, at 8:15 PM, david at dcvideo.com wrote:

> Harris had a direct connection to 2" quad: The Harris 590 TBC. I ran a VR 1200 in a truck in Ohio for NBC college basketball that had one in lieu of the Amtec/Colortec etc. NBC Burbank had a 590 for month hooked up to a TR 70A for demo purposes in the early 80's.

And here is a Harris 590 during the 1980 NAB, showcasing products by just-acquired Consolidated Video Systems, which became Harris Video Systems:

The original photo and more coverage of the 1980 NAB are in the Harris "Intercom" newsletter, here:
http://gates-harris-history.com/1980-06%20June.pdf

Check out the photo of the Las Vegas Convention Center on the front page.  Where did the saucer section go?

You can check out other Gates and Harris publications here:
http://gates-harris-history.com/

Harris trivia question:  What hypenated name was Harris also known by, about the time it picked up Gates?

Thanks for coming to see us at NAB 2012, April 16-19 in Booth SL-9607