[QuadList] OT: Lost tapes - moon landing

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Thu May 3 12:12:11 CDT 2012

"In 1976, the former NASA intern bought over 1,000 reels of tape from the government agency during an auction. A copy of the original receipt shows he paid just over $200.00. "

"I saw this stack of tape; it was bigger than this room. I looked at it and it was all these shiny reels of tape," George recalls. "I thought, man, these ought to be worth something. I kind of thought to myself if I actually had the original NASA video tape..."
In 1976, Gary George realized three of the reels he had in his possession contained footage of Armstrong's moonwalk. But it wasn't until December of 2008 that he saw for himself how significant the footage was. "

My note: When Buzz Aldrin was shown the transfer, he was astonished.
I'm in regular contact with Gary and the others involved.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Videotape transfers and more!