[QuadList] HS-100 disc

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 7 14:53:14 CST 2012

		On Nov 7, 2012, at 11:18 AM, David Crosthwait wrote:

 > Who had experience with the HS 100/HS 200 systems on this list? The
knowledge base on these units is dwindling. The last usage I can
personally recall was in the 80's for The Breeder's Cup (NBC) when the
producers wanted a precision stop action as the winning horse crossed
the line.

		I pipe up:

	I had limited maintenance experience with it at both NBC in 1978 and
Reeves/Teletape in 1979.  All I remember is it was VERY finicky to get
right.  The one we had at R/T was specially modified by the Reeves
machine shop.  They made little aluminum mounting blocks with screw
adjustments on them to beef up the stability of the flying head
positioning.  Once aligned, the heads STAYED aligned for a long time.
Reeves also had modifications of the air filtration system to improve
cooling.

					     NBC Today Show, New York