[QuadList] Revees/Teletape VR-2000s with overbridges--

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 16 09:29:21 CST 2012

		On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Chill315 at aol.com wrote:

 > Dennis
 > Thank you for sharing the photos.
 > Did RCA provide the TR-70's that are 23 and 24 with out the monitor
bridge or did the NBC guys cut off the top part?

		I reply:

	Hmm, I don't really know.  They were probably installed in the late
1960's or early 1970's.  I worked there in the VT shop in 1978.  The
machines had already been there for many years.
	If I had to guess, I'd say that the machines arrived with their
monitor bridges attached.  NBC did a lot of their own engineering and
they probably modified the machines and did the installation.

					     NBC Today Show, New York