[QuadList] Saturday Quad Matinee feature--KCOP, 13, Los Angeles--1979 Ros...

lee williams lasvegastvengineer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 14:04:23 CST 2012

Hay Dave,
The truck you are looking down on is TAV3.
That truck burned to the ground when one of the conrac monitors shorted out.

The one you are in video of is TAV5 and that was the one that was always at Cesars Palace.
TAV 5 had the Jerry Lewis window cut in to the side so he could give hand signals directly to the TD while live.
It was also the one that had the cargo rings installed on the roof.
Bob Hope had it flown to Vietnam for one of his Christmas Specials and I have seen a picture of it strpped in to a C-130.

The trailer and it's tractor are still on the road today.
The trailer was gutted years ago and owned by a guy who build racing trucks for movies out in Bakersfield.
I know he had the tractor listed on craigslist last year and was trying to sell it after California changed it's registration requirements for commercial trucks.

The PC 70's Ed has are from TAV5.