[QuadList] BBC Old Boys help Tennessee QuadList Member go PAL and PAL-M--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Oct 2 07:57:31 CDT 2012

Larry Odham e-mails to advise he's been busy going PAL and PAL-M... with a good bit of help from our friends across the pond formerly in BBC TelRec.

The story is atop the "Happenings" section of the VT Old Boys website:
http://www.bbcvt.co.uk/diary.htm#

When you're done enjoying Larry's latest work, please scroll down and

Note that BBC is moving out of Television Center (it's been sold)
See how you do on the Senior Recording Engineer Quiz below that...
and see whether the schematic below the story about the erasure of "The Messiah" blade-edited master tape reminds you of anything in your background.

Larry advises he's keeping busy with several other project, and wants to post photos... as soon as he can size them to fit through our screening system.

One is some of the restoration efforts on an AVR-2 that was found sitting out in the woods of North Carolina.
Before & after close-up photos of capstan polishing/rust removal, and before & after of the tape timer

Second, is an adaptor ring i turned out on a lathe to adapt a TCR-100 capstan motor to a TR-70c transport. And also a shaft sleeve made on the lathe to make it the proper length and diameter.

What's everyone else keeping busy with?

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com