[QuadList] Scotch 400--The story behind the bad glue--

Greg Schmitz coldbay1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 00:39:25 CDT 2012

There was some discussion of Eucalyptus oil on AMIA-L and according to
some they (Eucalyptus oils) are not all the same.  I can vouch for these
claims because I use gum Arabic for a variety of things photographic and
like many botanical products "gum" varies by region, climate, and annual
rainfall.  Ain't science great!  Mick Newnham from the National Film and
Sound Archive, Australia, had an interesting post along the same lines
about Eucalyptus oil, a staple product from his neck of the woods:
http://lsv.uky.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1205&L=AMIA-L&P=R27671&I=-3 .
Also, a search of the AMIA listserv for Eucalyptus will yield some links
regarding the foam problem:  http://lsv.uky.edu/scripts/wa.exe?S1=amia-l

--greg