[QuadList] quad videotape stock question

J. Mitch Hopper id at brainmist.com
Tue Apr 9 20:52:21 CDT 2013

I was just asked a question that I couldn't answer with certainty and knew the best answer with the science to back it up would be found here.
Can 2" tape stock designed for 24 track ATRs be used as quad tape stock. If so, what problems might be encountered - and if not, why not?
Back in the day, we all heard of a guy who knew a guy who used non-standard tape stock, but I never saw any actual first-hand data.
Any answers from my quad brethren?

J. Mitch Hopper
Custom Video Systems Co.
Rochester, IL
217-498-8438
id at brainmist.com

It's been lovely but I have to scream now.