[QuadList] Youtube "honors" videotape

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Wed Apr 17 02:51:04 CDT 2013

O took care of this already.

Tim Stoffel

--

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Langdell <ted at quadvideotapegroup.com>
To: Quad List <quadlist at quadvideotapegroup.com>
Subject: Re: [QuadList] Youtube "honors" videotape
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 11:39:54 -0700

It would be nice if the writer got his history straight :)  An VR-1000
by any description (VRX, MarkIV, etc,) is NOT a video CASSETTE recorder.

A proper "muck up" for the 57th anniversary of the intro of Quad would
include artifacts like dropout, scalloping, skewing and banding.

On Apr 16, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Skip Elsheimer wrote:

> YouTube Adds “Tape Mode” To Select Videos In Celebration Of Video
> Casette Recorder’s 57th Birthday
>
> http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/15/youtube-adds-tape-mode-to-select-videos-in-celebration-of-video-casette-recorders-57th-birthday/
>
> Are we going to remember our formats solely based on their glitches
> and artifacts (film dust and scratches, video noise, and vinyl record
> scratches)?
>

> Skip Elsheimer
> A/V Geeks LLC

Please trim posts to relevant info when replying.

Change subject to reflect thread direction. Thanks.

Send QuadList list posts to QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com