[QuadList] AVR-1--John Miller weighs in--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Aug 8 09:52:25 CDT 2013

John's e-mail address was bouncing messages yesterday and was automatically unsubscribed to avoid QuadList issues.

As a result, his e-mail this morning got held for action.  He can log in and re-enable his subscription.

If replying to this thread, please remove all content above, including this line.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "John" <john at jmit.com.au>
> Date: August 8, 2013 2:30:41 AM PDT
> To: <quadlist-bounces at quadvideotapegroup.com>
> Subject: AVR 1
>

> While on the subject, how many AVR1's were made. We (ABC TV Aust) had one in Sydney and one in Melbourne. we also had 2 ACR25's in Sydney, not sure about Melb.
>
> The AVR1 was good with "difficult" tapes, especially from our VR3000 with its" weird" tracking position. We also used the AVR1 for replay of NTSC tapes through our Quantel standards convertor in the 70's and 80's. Sometimes it even did on airs!. Great for news and current affairs backup with it's spooling capabilities...
>
> John Miller
> Rocky River
> NSW
> Australia