[QuadList] Library of Congress and quads - the First Hand--Transporting donations--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Aug 8 20:44:36 CDT 2013

On Aug 8, 2013, at 11:11 AM, Grace McKay wrote:

> A small suggestion. Why not put up a web page that solicites the donations of equipment? Your specific list of course, and a clear path for anyone to donate.  Could this be helpful?

Transportation is one of the things to be considered when dealing with donations.  (Unless they're checks, EFTs, wire transfers or very large bills. Much easier to move.)

I retrieved a Merlin 3-hour Ampex VPR-2B from a San Francisco location, intending for it to go to the LoC.  It's been sitting in a storage unit I rented since my existing unit around the corner was full.

It needs transport from Northern California to central Virginia.  (Anyone on the list own a moving company or freight line??)

There were a number of other VPR2s that could have been LoC-acquired, but due to lack of funds at the LoC at the time,  it was not possible to arrange transportation from the San Jose television station that wanted to clear the space.

So, donations of equipment need to be somehow accompanied by getting it to the loading dock at Mt. Pony Rd. in Culpeper.

Ted.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com