[QuadList] Library of congress and quads

Steve Greene steve.greene at nara.gov
Fri Aug 9 09:14:24 CDT 2013

Up until a few years ago, I was running a lab at the National Archives
consisting of 8 RCA TR-600's (two of them working or near working). Our
agency opted to contract out the reproduction work. We got good work out of
the contractors, using Ampex machines, but my successors tell me the
transfers done on the TR-600's were better than the contractors' copies!

BTW, our TR-600's went to James's operation at the LoC in Culpeper.

Steve Greene
Audiovisual Archivist
Office of Presidential Libraries
National Archives and Records Administration
(301) 837-1772