[QuadList] What mechanical parts would one need to get a quad working?

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Fri Aug 9 20:11:05 CDT 2013

Park -

want a couple palates  of  eiaj and 3/4?

In a message dated 8/9/2013 6:08:09 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
park at videopark.com writes:

Yes, I have four 1200s and one is the parts donor. And  I purchase n
mechanical parts I need or have them custom designed. John, for  example, put new
bearings in the erase sub assembly he lapped.

And it's not over. I just bought several more EIAJ VTRs with one as a
donor. And more on the way.

Like Ken Zin said, it's like a 100,000 mile auto restoration.

My Merlin machine has been totally re-done so that one needs less service
at the present.time.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747
Home: 541-476-6657
2" Quad and 1" "C" transfers
The Transfer Lab at Video Park
Visit us: _http://www.videopark.com_ (http://www.videopark.com/)

On Aug 9, 2013, at 4:46 PM, Dave Sieg <_dave at zfx.com_ (mailto:dave at zfx.com)
> wrote:

Without being flippant, you need ALL OF THEM.
If your machine is in good shape, it might just work as is.
But its the mechanical stuff that is precision-made,
one-of-a-kind, and it tends to wear out with usage.
There is no substitute for a full parts machine!
Larry is the one I admire, because the Master taught him
how to re-build heads!  Now that's downright astonishing!

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM, C. Park Seward <_park at videopark.com_