[QuadList] Library of congress and quads

MG megoldsmith at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 15 11:54:47 CDT 2013

That also applied to AVR-3s.  You could slap just about any tape on one of those and get a very high quality playback, until you moved it to another machine.  Our shop had an AVR3 suite, but also used VR1200s for playout, and some of the tapes were horrifying when operators were careless in their record setup.  All of the same procedures had to be followed, particularly guide height and tip projection, or you’d have a mess on your hands.  I saw people who never looked at demod out on AVR3s, and the results reflected this.

On Aug 9, 2013, at 5:26 AM, Ed Reitan wrote:

  However the AVR-1 does it, it does it well - the incredible lack of color banding of any kind (amplitude or color phase) is one of its outstanding virtues.

  During the Astaire restoration I simultaneously fed embryonic video from the AVR-1 through the NEC TBC **, and through the normal path of post- video and TBC processing in the AVR-1.  The final AVR-1 output was superior in color fidelity and stability (in my humble opinion)

  Ed Reitan

Please trim posts to relevant info when replying.

Change subject to reflect thread direction. Thanks.

Send QuadList list posts to QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com