[QuadList] Rombex--QuadList connections--

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 18 12:23:31 CST 2013

		On Dec 18, 2013, at 11:25 AM, Alan Rosenfeld wrote:

> We had 3 IVC9000's and a Rank Cintel Mark II Jump Scan Flying Spot which contained a lot of the IVC's electronics (Rank was a backer of IVC.)  The Flying Spot was the first in the US and #2 off the assembly line.  We had two of the machines in an editec style edit suite and one additional in the dub area.  Dick Marcus, the founder and former owner of Rombex, in partnership with DuArt, still has a production company in NY doing corporate video work.  Rombex became DuArt Video after Dick left the partnership.  It was my first full time job in the industry, an amazing place to work.

		I offer:

	Matrix Video on 11th Ave had two IVC9000's.  I saw them there in 1979.  I don't know if they were the same ones that Rombex had.  Matrix became VH1's studio in the 80's and now is the studio where The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is shot.  Matrix also had a rare (even at the time) Ampex AVA, which used large Winchester drives.  I'm not even sure what AVA could do, but I'd thought it was sort of like their version of Quantel Paintbox.

					    NBC Today Show, New York