[QuadList] NTSC: 500 or...? (was 'Re: FCC and NTSC')

James Snyder snyder at dtvexpress.net
Mon Dec 23 13:45:59 CST 2013

Shai,

I've seen the pictures in the 1953 NTSC report
(which we have at the Library of Congress) from
the original NTSC tests in Washington DC in 1950
and 1953.  I seriously doubt the moire pattern
issue would have been limited to 500 B+W sets.

James

James Snyder
Senior Systems Administrator
Library of Congress -
   National Audio Visual Conservation Center (NAVCC)
Motion Picture, Broadcasting & Recorded Sound Division (MBRS)
Packard Campus for Audio Visual Conservation
http://www.loc.gov/avconservation/packard/