[QuadList] Frame rates --(was NTSC DVD)--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Dec 23 14:01:26 CST 2013

On Dec 23, 2013, at 11:16 AM, Shai Drori wrote:
> You guys get us Europeans LOL every time the discussion goes into frame rates. The only trouble is that when we deal with American originated material we have to get into it as well. Long live 25!
> Shai Drori
> PAL territory (heh heh)

And those dealing with film shot at 24 think TV should also be at 24, to avoid speeding up the film to 25fps and having higher-pitched sound (or a digital re-pitch involved)... or the visual gunk caused by meshing field rates with 3:2 pulldown or having a pattern of repeated progressive frames and 23.98 fps film rate to deal with 29.97fps television.

Fun for archivists, especially when there's material that has the fields out of order and nobody does anything about it in the ingest, transmission, editing or QC (assuming there is such) phases of handling the content.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com