[QuadList] MV-10000

J. Mitch Hopper id at brainmist.com
Sat Jan 12 15:13:21 CST 2013

Hello all -
I'm one of the hundreds of guys who spent a lifetime in the quad world but not in the big-time. A whole bunch of us were out in the boonies at local sub-prime stations and (in my case) government post-production facilities.  As such, I have this little piece of interesting 2-inch tape history - the Sony MV-10000.  I had one of the very few 2-inch color helical VTRs in production use.  We used the same tape stock that we fed our TR-70Bs with.  We ran an ETV mass-dubbing facility and would dub off the master quad program to the MV-10000 for the many-multiple dubbing pass.  I have yet to stumble across anyone else who has even seen one of these beasties.  I thought you all might be interested to see the operations and sales manual as it makes its way from my scanner to the trash can.
http://www.brainmist.com/cvsco/materials/mv-10000-operations-manual.pdf
http://www.brainmist.com/cvsco/materials/mv-10000-sales-brochure.pdf

In an effort to climb out from under a lifetime of quad stuff in my closets, I came across these documents as well as a complete set of TR-70A manuals with TEP (yes, we edited with TEP and timecode) and CAVEC.  I've finally sold all my heads and test tapes.

Ah.... the good old days when you could feel the video with your fingers!

J. Mitch Hopper
Custom Video Systems Co.
Rochester, IL
217-498-8438
id at brainmist.com

It's been lovely but I have to scream now.