[QuadList] PTL Club--Quad duplication 1974-78--What do you know?

Alan Rosenfeld abrosenfeld at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:02:33 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Dave Satin <davesatin at aol.com> wrote:

> ...and eventually return to the tape department where every tape was a
> mystery.
> We would dub the shows on to new Scotch and Fuji tape and we would get
> back a mush mosh of old tape, tapes with splices, Memorex, and god knows
> what else.

Ah, the 4th floor at EUE. I remember standing outside the room while
returned tapes were being burnished, one of which evidently had been
stapled together by the returning local station to fix a break in the tape.
 A staple running across a spinning head and the sound as the head exploded
I will never forget...

Alan Rosenfeld
AbelCine NY