[QuadList] Library of congress and quads--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Jul 30 21:44:53 CDT 2013

On Jul 30, 2013, at 5:26 PM, Steve White wrote:

> And didn't they say they had only two working machines?

That's the effect of our current state of stasis in Congress.  Never ending failures to pass budgets on time or at all... draconian cuts to budgets.  Diversion of resources to support "those too big to fail" or the Military/Industrial complex that President Eisenhower warned about in his exit speech as President.

One might examine recent stories about the cost of the Block 30 Global Hawk that the Air Force clearly said to Congress it didn't want because it cost too much to operate and they got better results with the U-2 spyplanes (both of which are HQd at Beale AFB, near me.

Billions of dollars are pork-barrelled via the efforts of the manufacturers lobbying efforts.  But there's no moving image archive lobby, (or an effective one if there is one) and so these insights into our history and culture sit... unavailable.

So, there's no movement to provide funds to support equipment maintenance and rebuilding... or create new opportunities via the development of new technology to recover the content.  Unless...

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com