[QuadList] QuadList Digest, Vol 60, Issue 11

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 22 00:02:34 CDT 2013

		I offered:

		On Jun 21, 2013, at 1:11 PM, TQ wrote:

> Was this done with SiS?

		I say:

	No, "Sound In Sync" was more of a European technique and was used later in satellite transmission.  "Baseband Multiplex" used two simple subcarriers, one for each audio channel, to carry the audio with the video.  As I recall, the primary audio used 5.3MHz while the second (optional) carrier was 6.2MHz.  I may not have the carrier frequencies right, but I know they were both above the NTSC color subcarrier frequency of 3.579MHz.

					NBC Today Show, New York