[QuadList] TV Station Engineering Report

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 20 11:06:45 CDT 2013

		On Mar 20, 2013, at 9:05 AM, David Crosthwait wrote:

> Hello Dennis,
> Thank you for your very informative comments!
> Burbank had six VR-2000's also. Although their main usage was for production and editing, each could have been put on-air. The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson had exclusive use of two of them. The pair (14/16) both recorded the show and played it back to the East and West. They were maintained in tip-top shape.
> Here is an older shot of 19/20 in New York:
> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1969855118453&set=a.1969855038451.2095951.1005211240&type=3&theater

		I say:

	Hey, thanks for the photo, David.  It looks like a very different installation of those same VTR's, compared to my photo.  Mine shows an additional console between the two machines for the Datatron editor.  I wonder if the VTR's in your photo are in a different location from my shot.  It's possible that the machines were moved, or something.  Tis has piqued my interest now . . . . .

					NBC Today Show, New York