[QuadList] Quad Videotape Group Event--San Jose, CA--Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013--

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Wed Nov 20 01:36:05 CST 2013

Dang! That's tempting!

Tim Stoffel

--

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Langdell <ted at quadvideotapegroup.com>
To: Quad List <QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com>
Subject: [QuadList] Quad Videotape Group Event--San Jose, CA--Thursday,
Nov. 21, 2013--
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 08:49:04 -0500

Quad Videotape Group Event--Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013--San Jose,
CA--4:30pm

Quad Videotape Group members have an opportunity to check out NEP
Supershooter SS-23, enjoy dinner and conversation, and possibly a visit
to McMoons if that proves to be practical.

We'll gather at 4:30pm to tour the truck, just after setup is finished.

The location is
        Spartan Stadium
        1393 S. 7th Street ( Between E. Alma and E. Humboldt)
        San Jose, CA 95112

Parking is across the street.  Call me if you have trouble finding the
truck or getting in. Number below.

You'll get to see the recently redone production monitor wall, which
uses Boland's line of LCD monitors.

You'll also get to meet former Merlin Engineering Works wizard and
Boland's founder Mike Boland, who will be working with Ken Zin's AVR-2
on a special monitor project of interest to Quad users with aging CRTs.

Quad Videotape Group member Park Seward of VideoPark has arranged the
truck tour.

He is handling Senior Video duties with the truck, which will broadcast
ESPN 2's Friday Night Football San Jose State v Navy game on Friday,
Nov. 22. Kickoff is 6:30p Pacific/9:30p Eastern

Please RSVP off-list to me—ted at quadvideotapegroup.com—so we have a
reasonably accurate head count for dinner.

Ken's suggested a relatively nearby location which can handle a range of
group sizes.  I'll update the location in case you're not able to make
the truck tour but want to eat with the group.

Hope to see many Northern California QuadList members there.

(530) 301-2931
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in conjunction
with the Library of Congress

Please trim posts to relevant info when replying.

Change subject to reflect thread direction. Thanks.

Send QuadList list posts to QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com